Wednesday, March 22, 2006
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:15 a.m.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? King Kong, way too long of a movie!
4. What are your favorite TV shows? The Oc, Laguna Beach of course and some new faves, 8th and Ocean and Cheerleader Nation
5. What did you have for breakfast? raisin bran and strawberries
6. What is your middle name? ann
7. What is your favorite cuisine? American
8. What foods do you dislike? green beans
9. Your favorite Potato chip? baked lays
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Shawn McDonald - Ripen
11. Favorite sandwich? turkey and swiss
12. What characteristics do you despise?cockiness
13. What is the one thing you can never have enough? cereal
14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Hawaii or Austria
15. Favorite place to buy your clothing? GAP
16. Where would you want to retire? somewhere where the beach is right out my front door
17. Favorite time of day? evening
18. Where were you born? Charles City
19. Favorite sport to watch? on tv - basketball, live- football
20. What laundry detergent do you use? ALL
21. Coke or Pepsi? sprite
22. Are you a morning person or night owl? OWL
23. What size shoe do you wear? 8 or 8 1/2
24. Do you have pets? nope
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone?I'm off to Chicago for the Casting Crowns concert and Wicked and then to Colorado in 2 days!!
26. What did you want to be when you were little? a lawyer
27. Favorite Candy Bar? Twix
28. What is your best childhood memory? fun outings with my family
29. What are the different jobs you have had in your life? student, babysitter, ball diamonds crew, insurace assistant, kamp kounselor, cedar fall rec center coach and coordinator kamp uc, wells fargo home mortgage
30. What color underwear are you wearing? blue with pink polka dots
31. Nicknames: jt, jilly, jillsies
32. Eye color? brown
33. Ever been to Africa? No
34. Ever been toilet papering?yup
35. Been in a car accident? yes
36. Croutons or bacon bits? croutons
37. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
38. Favorite restaurant? HuHot
39. Favorite flower? daisy
40. Favorite ice cream? mint chocolate chip
41. Disney or Warner Bros? Disney
42. Favorite fast food restaurant? Subway
43. What color is your bedroom carpet? beige
44. How many times did you fail your driver's test? once
45. Who did you get your last e-mail from?hayley
46. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? von maur
47. What do you do most often when you are bored? tv, email
48. What time is bedtime? 10:30
49. Last person(s) you went to dinner with? Cindy and Theresa
50. What are you listening to right now? 24
51. What is your favorite color? Blue
52. How many tattoos do you have? None
53. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? chicken
54. What time did you finish this questionaire? 7:43 p.m.
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Monday, March 20, 2006
Green is associated with St. Patricks Day because it is the color of spring, Ireland, and the shamrock. Well of course.
Today, St. pats day is celebrated on march 17 by the Irish as well as many Americans and Canadians with parades, parties, wearing of green, Irish songs, and my personal favorite, jigs!
Sunday, March 19, 2006
The patron saint of Ireland and the Irish, was born about 385 A.D in Northern Wales. He studied religion in Europe to become a priest and bishop. He then brought Christianity to the Irish by teaching in Ireland for 29 years. According to early Irish tradition, he died on March 17, 461 A.D. The anniversary of his death is celebrated as Saint Patricks Day. St. Patrick is most known around the world as driving all the snakes out of Ireland through trickery.
I love trickery! haha. Isnt it funny how the majority of the USA holidays are all based around christianity. I guess when the world is built by God, you can't help but celebrate every now and then. :) Why don't people understand that!!
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
March 20, 2006 issue - In New Orleans to preach to 1,000 clergy gathered at the First Bap
This is your first trip to the coast after Katrina. What are your impressions?
This is the greatest disaster that I have ever seen, and I’ve seen many, all over the world. Mile after mile after mile, and not a house standing, not a thing that has been left un
What do you tell people who ask how a loving God could let something like this happen?
Well, I spoke yesterday to the clergy and I asked myself why, and I told them don’t know why. There is no way I can know. I think of Job, who suf
God came back and restored to him all these things, but the cause of the thing in his life was not God, it was the Devil. I didn’t mention that yesterday, because I don’t think this is the
place to talk about Satan and the Devil, because I don’t know. The Devil might have had nothing to do with this; I don’t know. But God has al
People are always struggling with the question of evil in a universe that many believe to be created and governed by a God whose central instinct is sup
I was born at the end of World War I and then came World War II, which was even worse. It’s been one thing after another, through natural dis
I don’t see much improve
And in your world view, the answer to those problems is through the Gospel.
Yes, absolutely. There is no other answer. But the Gospel that we talk about is good news to the individual that his own sins are forgiven … beyond that, national and in
When do you think that will be?
I have no idea. Jesus told us not to try to set dates. And we are not to set a date, but he gave us signs to look for, and it seems to me that nearly all of them are being fulfilled right now. Maybe that’s been true throughout his
How are you feeling physically?
I feel fairly good. I have my struggles at 87, and those are normal I think for men and women of my age. I was crip
If a young evangelist asked you how much time he should spend on politics versus purely pastoral work, what would you say?
In my own life it’s been a mix
Thursday, March 09, 2006
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
There are only 10 questions so it doesn't take long. Answer each question with the choice that most describes you at this point in your life, and then add up the points that correspond with your answers.
1. Which describes your perfect date?
a) Candlelight dinner for two
b) Amusement Park
c) Rollerblading in the park
d) Rock Concert
e) Have dinner & see a mov ie
f) Dinner at home with a loved one
2. What is your favorite type of music?
a) Rock and Roll
c) Soft Rock
3. What is your favorite type of movie?
4. Which of the following jobs would you choose if you were given only these choices?
b) Sports Player
f) Business person
5. Which would you rather do if you had an hour to waste?
a) Work out
b) Make out
c) Watch TV
d) Listen to the radio
6. Of the following colors, which do you like best?
c) Sky blue
7. Which one of the following would you like to eat right now?
a) Ice cream
f) Lobster Tail
8. Which is your favorite holiday?
c) New Year's
d) Valentine's Day
f) Fourth of July
9. If you could go to any of the following places, which would it be?
c) Las Vegas
f) British Columbia
10. Of the following, who would you rather spend time with?
a) Someone who is smart
b) Someone with good looks
c) Someone who is a party animal
d) Someone who has fun all the time
e) Someone who is very emotional
f) Someone who is fun to be with
Now total up your points on each question:
1. a-4 b-2 c-5 d-1 e-3 f-6
2. a-2 b-1 c-4 d-5 e-3 f-6
3. a-2 b-1 c-3 d-4 e-5 f-6
4. a-4 b-5 c-3 d-2 e-1 f-6
5. a-5 b-4 c-2 d-1 e-3 f-6
6. a-1 b-5 c-3 d-2 e-4 f-6
7. a-3 b-2 c-1 d-4 e-5 f-6
8. a-1 b-3 c-2 d-4 e-5 f-6
9. a-4 b-5 c-1 d-4 e-3 f-6
10. a-5 b-2 c-1 d-3 e-4 f-6
NOW, take your total and find out which Movie Star you are:
(10-17 points) You are MADONNA: You are wild and crazy and you know it.
You know how to have fun, but you may take it to extremes. You know what you are doing though, and are much in control of your own life. People don't always see things your way, but that doesn't mean that you should do away with your beliefs. Try to remember that your wild spirit can lead to hurting yourself and others.
(18-26 points) You are DORIS DAY: You are fun, friendly, and popular! You are a real crowd pleaser. You have probably been out on the town your share of times, yet you come home with the values that your mother taught you. Marriage and children are very important to you, but only after you have fun. Don't let the people you please influence you to stray.
(27-34 points) You are DEBBIE REYNOLDS: You are cute, and everyone loves you. You are a best friend that no one takes the chance of losing. You never hurt feelings and seldom have your own feelings hurt. Life is a breeze. You are witty, and calm most of the time. Just keep clear of
back stabbers, and you are worry-free.
(35-42 points) You are GRACE KELLY: You are a lover. Romance, flowers, and wine are all you need to enjoy yourself. You are serious about all commitments and are a family person. You call your Mom every Sunday, and never forget a Birthday. Don't let your passion for romance get
confused with the real thing.
(43-50 points) You are KATHERINE HEPBURN: You are smart, a real thinker. Every situation is approached with a plan.You are very healthy in mind and body. You don't take crap from anyone. You have only a couple of individuals that you consider "real friends!". You teach strong
family values. Keep your feet planted in them, but don't overlook a bad situation when it does happen.
(51-60 points) You are ELIZABETH TAYLOR: Everyone is in awe of you. You know what you want and how to get it. You have more friends than you know what to do with. Your word is your bond. Everyone knows when you say something, it is money in the bank. You attract the opposite sex. Your intelligence overwhelms most. Your memory is the next thing to photographic. Everyone admires you because you are so considerate and lovable. You know how to enjoy life and treat people right.
Monday, March 06, 2006
A man dies and goes to heaven.
Of course, St. Peter meets him at the Pearly Gates.
St. Peter says, "Here's how it works. You need 100 points to make it into heaven.
You tell me all the good things you've done, and I give you a certain
number of points for each item, depending on how good it was.
When you reach 100 points, you get in."
"Okay," the man says,"I was married to the same woman for 50 years and never cheated on
her, even in my heart."
"That's wonderful," says St.Peter, "that's worth three points!"
"Three points?" he says. "Well, I attended church all my life and
supported its ministry with my tithe and service." "Terrific!" says
St.Peter. "That's certainly worth a point" "One point!?!!"
"I started a soup kitchen in my city and worked in a shelter for homeless veterans."
"Fantastic, that's good for two more points," he says.
"Two points"!? Exasperated, the man cries.....
"At this rate the only way I'll get into heaven is by the grace of God."
"Bingo, 100 points! Come on in!"
We often try to fix problems with WD-40 and duct tape.
God did it with a nail
Friday, March 03, 2006
Question: How can you tell if an irishman is having a good time?
ANswer: Hes dublin over with laughter
and my personal favorite which yes, I did laugh out loud..
Question: What's irish and stays out all night?
Answer: Patty O'Furniture
Stay tuned for some more St. Patricks day trivia and knowledge.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
March 1: National Pig Day and Peanut Butter lover's day
march 2: old stuff day
march 3 - I want you to be happy day, peach blossom day, and national anthem day
march 4- holy experiment day
march 5 - multiple personalities day
march 6- national frozen food day
march 7 - national crown roast of pork day
march 8- be nasty day
march 9- panic day
march 10-festival of life in the cracks day
march 11- johnny appleseed day and worship of tools day
march 12- alfred hitchcock day
march 13 - jewel day
march 14- national potato chip day
march 15 - buzzards day and everything you think is wrong day
march 16- everything you do is right day
mar 17 - submarine day
mar 18 - supreme sacrifice day
mar 19 - poultry day
mar 20 - proposal day and festival of extraterrestrial abductions day
mar 21 - fragrance day
mar 22 - national goof-off day
mar 23 - national organize your home office day and national chip and dip day
mar 24 - national chocolate covered raisin day
mar 25 - pecan day and waffle day
mar 26 - make up your own holiday day and Spinach festival day
mar 27 - national "joe" day
mar 28 - something on a stick day
mar 29 - festival of smoke and mirrors day
mar 30 - I am in control day
mar 31 - bunsen burner day and national clams on the half shell day
* More info on the national "joe" day: do you hate your name? Everyon who hates their name has a right on this day to have everyone they know call them Joe.
Would I really want people to call me joe!? are you kidding, I'll stick with my own name. I have so many favorite days but I think my favorites have to be march 11 (in honor of kamp singalongs) and march 20 (but i'm not going to get my hopes up) Jane, i pick march 23 for you. ooh and March 28 sounds fun! Enjoy your days everyone.